A toddler received minor injuries in a house fire in Magazine Friday morning.
“The little girl had minor burns on the side of her face,” Magazine Police Chief Boyd Hicks said. “She was treated and released.”
Hicks said one of the adults may have suffered a less severe burn before all occupants of the home exited the structure. Hicks said at least seven people resided in the home but the school age children were out of the home when the fire started at approximately 8:15 a.m. Friday.
The fire in the home at the intersection of Powell Street and Highway 109 was battled by the Magazine, Driggs and Blue Mountain fire departments.
“We were told the fire started in the wall between the child’s room and the kitchen, not by a heater because the mom turned the heater off,” said Hicks. “They first notice the fire between the wall and the room.”